There is snow accumulating outside my window as I sit at my desk in downtown Motown today, but it's not falling from the sky. It's coming out of a machine that has been running since early this morning.
They are preparing for the Motown Winter Blast, you see, which is part of the Super Bowl 40 Festivities. They're building a sledding hill, I think...I just hope all the money and effort they're putting into this attraction won't be for nothing with the weather warming up this weekend.
There are already many streets closed down here, large white tents springing up overnight in parking lots, Super Bowl signs everywhere, including on the sides of the Renaissance Center and Blue Cross buildings. They will continue to shut down street after street until we commuters are forced to all follow one circuitous route to get to our places of employment. I don't know how they expect anyone to be on time for work during all this. It makes me happy that I saved one week of vacation time so I won't have to navigate through it all next week.
So allow plenty of travel time, my fellow downtowners. I'll be warm and happy, snug in my bed, sleeping in and watching everything from the safety of my living room.
Go Steel-Hawks! (I don't care who wins.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That snow had to melt today! So much for the Winter Blast.
Post a Comment