Monday, March 27, 2006

More Change

"It's not so much that we're afraid of change or so in love with the old ways, but it's that place in between that we fear.... It's like being between trapezes. It's Linus when his blanket is in the dryer. There's nothing to hold on to."
- Marilyn Ferguson

I found this quote the other day and I think it applies to how a bunch of us are feeling right now...like we have just let go of something and we don't know what to grab on to next.

Just remember, my friends, God is there with you throughout this. Even when you feel like you're all alone, insecure, lost... He will never let go of you.

The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.
- Isaiah 58:11

2 comments:

Heather said...

Cheryl,
I enjoy the quotes you post so much!
Change is hard and that in between time of uncertainty is crazy! Learning to let go and trust is a process for me too. I want to keep a hand on one trapeze and reach for the next with the other hand. But if you never completely let go of the first one you can't reach the next one and you just keep swinging back and forth. For me I am finding that being certain of things in life is just an illusion I create to make myself feel secure. God is the only real certainty. Sorry to ramble but you just opened a floodgate in my mind.....will be praying for you in the midst of change.
much love.

Faithful Joy said...

That's such a great quote! My brother just got let go from his job/ministry because of cut-backs. While he sees it as an opportunity, it's still scary thinking of putting yourself out there to find the next chapter. This quote went perfectly on the card I made for him with Peanuts stickers...

Thanks for sharing your heart. You and Scott are in my prayers!