I survived my first "Beat Michigan Week" here in Buckeye Country. Unfortunately the Bucks did beat Michigan this year, but who knows...we may meet again and have another chance.
I am just glad that it was a close game and I can show my face at work tomorrow.
The fans here really are fanatics. On Friday at work, one of the OSU Alumni bands came by on their tour around the city to play in our parking lot. They played 4-5 songs and there were cheerleaders and baton twirlers and many many Bucks fans singing along.
I couldn't resist shouting "Go Blue" in my best cheering voice, however, when they sang "We don't give a [edit] for the whole state of Michigan." That's the one song I just don't like.
After all, Michigan has the Tulip Festival, cherries up north, many wonderful apple orchards. (Michigan apple cider is way better than Ohio's.) Not to mention all the beautiful scenery along all the Great Lakes. If Ohioans had really experienced the Great Lakes State I hope they wouldn't sing that song with such enthusiasm.
Anyway, now we just have to wait and see how the rest of the college football seasons go to see if we will remain number two or not.
Either way, I will continue to support my Alma Mater, and shout Go Blue amid the Go Bucks cheers that surround me at work, church and everywhere else in this crazy city.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Thanks to you and Scott for having us over on game day. You guys have been one of the few couples who tell us what you think and share your fears about having our kids over to your home. We really appreciated it. Casey and I want to share our family with our friends and it was nice our friends are willing to share their home with us.
You are very welcome, D-Roc, as was the rest of your family. As you know, our main concern is mixing Bailey with small children. As long as they tire each other out I guess everybody wins. :-)
Post a Comment