I just finished reading the Bible for the second time this year.
I originally started my first reading in August of 2005, I think, and didn't make it very far. Then early this year, I decided to speed it up and actually read the whole thing by June 30. Which I did.
Then on July 1, I started again. I was following a "chronological" reading plan in which you read the books in the order they were written, not the order they're in the Bible. I liked it, but I'm ready for something new.
In January, I am starting a new reading plan where every day I will read something Historical, Devotional, Prophetical, and Doctrinal. Right now I am planning on taking the whole year to read through it once, so that I don't feel rushed reading double assignments each day. I want to savor it this time through.
That's the whole point of reading the Word after all. I want to be more and more familiar with God's Word so that I know where to find references when I want them. I want to learn it and write it on my heart. I want to live by it.
Not easy, but I will just take it one day at a time.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Dear Daughter:
CONGRATS and Well Done to your "And... Done!" accomplishment. Reading the Bible from cover-to-cover requires a real committment, and you now have accomplished this twice! Not only have/will you spiritually benefit from reading the Word, but you have set a fine example to those around you to do the same...... me included. (I will make that a 2008 NY resolution.) And, Oh by the way, somehow I think that Grandma C is aware and has placed another 20 "in reserve" for you!
Love Ya! DAD
Cheryl! Wow. I don't know what to say. I am inspired most by your desire to know the Word. The accomplishment is great too, don't get me wrong, but I could almost feel your longing! Like someone who just couldn't get enough...I hope its contagious!
Post a Comment