I was reading the Bible at lunch today, catching up from my non-reading over the weekend, and two people asked me about it. I told them I was reading the Bible in a year and they both were surprised and said they'd never done it.
The first person asked me what I do when I get to the "so-and-so begat so-and-so's" and I honestly answered that I skim those parts. I check out the names in case one catches my eye as being a character in another story that I've read recently. But when there's a lot of repetetion and record-keeping, I really do speed right through it.
She nodded in understanding and then asked me to make a copy of my schedule for her.
The second person appreciated the idea of reading the whole Bible through, but didn't seem ready to commit to doing it himself.
I just think it's cool God let me plant those two seeds today for people to read His love letter more. This is one thing where more IS better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Daughter:
God is certainly using you to inspire others to get into the Word and commit to reading it from cover-to-cover. Because of your example, I started your program on 01Jan08 and am still faithfully reading and enjoying it!!
Love Ya! DAD
PS. I also confess that I "speed read" through all those "begats".
Post a Comment