So my wheels have been out of alignment for a while, and yesterday on the way home from work my tire blew out. (Front driver's side.) I safely got to the left shoulder, which is thankfully very wide on the interstate on which I was traveling.
I called Scott and I called Allstate and they said the tow truck would be there within 45 minutes. 40 minutes later they showed up, and while I was waiting, I was checked on by a nice guy and a policeman, and spent time with Scott on the phone.
The tow truck guy took off my bad tire and put the spare on, and said that my other front tire was looking pretty bad as well and that it was going to blow if I didn't get it replaced soon. The thing about all this is that we were planning to go to the tire shop this morning anyway to get everything looked at!
So now, $300+ later, I have two new tires and they did my alignment. Three of my tires were going in different directions, and only one was straight. But I am all squared away now, and I have to say, driving home from the shop, it felt like I was driving a new car!
I am thankful that I didn't have an accident when my tire blew; that I was able to just get to the side of the road safely. I am thankful for Roadside Assistance and tow truck guys willing to take a call at 5:30 on a Friday evening. I am thankful for a loving husband who was there to talk to me so I didn't get bored waiting, and to hug me when I finally got home an hour late. I am thankful for friends who prayed during it all. And I am thankful to my Father in heaven who gave me extra shots of joy and energy yesterday to prepare me for the adventure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi Daughter:
Wow! I saw a picture of your blown-out tire on FaceBook and am thankful that you were able to keep your car under control for a safe stop! Any tire blow-out is a scarry experience, but when your doing highway speeds in the middle of expressway traffic, a blow-out can be extremely scarry and even dangerous. Your Guardian Angels were working overtime for that event! In the future, might I suggest that you check your tires every time you get the oil changed? God Bless! Luv Ya! DAD........
Post a Comment