Saturday, May 23, 2009

Sports

I was watching a little tennis and golf today on television, and thinking to myself, if I could play any sport really well, what would it be?

I took tennis lessons when I was a girl and that was a total bust, much to my mother's dismay, I'm sure. I learned a little about golf in high school but it didn't take either. I can't be a swimmer because I can't swim without a nose plug. (Yes, I am in my 30's and I plug my nose when I go underwater!)

I was not good at basketball - inconsistent dribbling skills. In volleyball, I duck every time the ball comes my way.

I can't imagine being a runner, but I did like playing defense in soccer. And I loved riding my bike when I was in Jr. High.

So maybe, if I had worked at it, I could have been a stellar biker? Hmmm....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I remember you taking a club in the face during golf in high school. That would have been enough to deter me from that sport!

I'm the same as you in swimming - can't stand putting my face underwater, and yes, I hold my nose!