Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I'm only happy when it rains

Or as I used to say, I'm only happy when I'm miserable. There used to be a sadness in me. Even when I was happy, there was always this sorrow deep in my heart. It didn't spoil anything for me, I just accepted that it was there. I have experienced a lot of losses in my life and I think that was where it was coming from. Whenever I heard a really sad song or poem or story it would rise to the surface and I would understand the sadness on a deep level.

But sometime in the last few months it was taken away. I believe that God has healed something in me and now I have joy where I had sorrow before. He has given me "a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair" (from Isaiah 61:3). Instead of identfying with sad songs I can now joyfully sing His praises.

2 comments:

Scott Donnelly said...

I love being with you.

Aaron said...

i love the changes i see when i look at you. God knows what He's doing, and you know how to shine.

-@