Remember how happy I was in the spring to see the first robin? Well...now we have a robin dive-bombing our dog in the back yard.
Seriously, the yard is silent when we're all inside, and the moment Bailey steps foot out there, the robin is swooping over to a wire or weathervane or tree branch and chirping out his warnings. Then when Bailey starts running around, the bird swoops down from his perch trying to scare Bailey off.
Scott has done some research on the Internet, and apparently, this is what daddy robins do when they're guarding their nest full of babies. As soon as the kids are out of the nest and on their own a bit, he will stop this crazy over-protective behavior.
I guess it's nice in some way, how this dad is protecting the next generation of robins. And how is he supposed to know that my Golden Retriever can't climb the tree and get to his little ones? But it's also annoying how loud he is, and I'd rather he didn't give my dog the bird flu.
I can hear the little ones chirping right now...I hope they grow up fast so we can have some peace and quiet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment