Saturday, December 16, 2006

A Chorus of Hallelujahs


I was listening to the Handel's Young Messiah version of the Hallelujah Chorus on the way home yesterday.


Well, not just listening. I'll admit it. I was singing along, wishing I was a soprano so I could hit the high notes with Sandi Patty.

Anyway.

As I was singing I was remembering how my mom would go up and join the choir when they sang it at the Christmas Eve service at the church where I grew up.

That got me to thinking, what if all the people who had ever sung this song in all the years since it was written were singing it at the same time together? What a deafening roar of Hallelujahs would be heard!

A little glimpse of what heaven will be like, I think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a really neat way to think of heaven......... with millions upon millions of the saints singing the Messiah's Hallelujah Chorus.......... and can you imagine them signing that chorus on Christmas Morning as they praise the Lamb? Wow!!
Love Ya! Dad

Kristi Kurtz said...

Great thought...thanks for that! Wishing you and Scotty a very Merry Christmas!

Love love....