Wednesday, November 28, 2007

He Is Running

I recently received a "True Identity" TNIV Bible as a gift, and today I read my daily chapters in it for the first time. There are a lot of extra articles and stuff, and here is one I particularly like.

HE IS: Running
Luke 15:11-24
We learn so much about who God is from Jesus' parables. In Jesus' story of the lost son, one powerful little word sticks out. Staring off into the distance, the father sees his son, runs to him, and throws his arms around him to welcome him home.

When you come back to the Father, his welcome isn't begrudging or slow. It's impulsive, spontaneous, decisive and full of grace. He isn't waiting, walking or jogging out to meet you. He is all-out running to receive you back to him. What does that tell you about how he feels about your coming home?

It goes along with one of my favorite songs of all time, Carry You by Amy Grant. Here is an exerpt:

Lay down your burden, I will carry you
I will carry you, my child

I see these sleepless nights and I count every tear you cry
Just call my name, I'll come...running

Some days it's all I can do to set down what I'm carrying and allow myself to be carried instead. But it's that surrender that makes all the good stuff happen in my heart.

No comments: