Thursday, November 29, 2007

A Pleasant Surprise


A couple weeks ago I entered a raffle to possibly win an iPhone. The proceeds went to Make a Wish, so I figured even if I didn't win the money would go to a good cause.

The drawing was yesterday.

I got an e-mail a little after noon, saying that the drawing was completed and that they would notify the winners via e-mail shortly.

An hour passed. No e-mail. I resigned myself to not winning.

Then suddenly it came, the message saying, Congratulations, Cheryl Donnelly, you have won an iPhone! I stared at my Outlook Inbox for a good minute or two, disbelieving. Reading the message over and over, to make sure I was reading it right.

So I went to the guy's office and picked it up. And then I called Scott.

I said, "Do you remember what today is?" Silence. "It's raffle day." More silence. "Guess what I'm holding in my hand?" He didn't need three guesses.

I had to hold my cell phone away from my ear he was so excited. This boy has wanted an iPhone since the thing was unveiled. And now a free one drops out of the sky right into our hands.

I love pleasant surprises.

4 comments:

Geekbert said...

I can't believe it! Congratulations! I can't remember the last time I was so happy for and jealous of someone at the same time.

Heather said...

Wow!! That is amazing!! Congrats. How fun!

ebussey said...

He is an awesome God! Thanks for sharing your excitement.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! That is awesome!! I am so happy for you guys! God is so fun!
Love Kristi Kurtz