Monday, February 11, 2008

Throw your hair back and sing out your song

I got up EARLY this morning to walk on the treadmill and this song hit me right where I'm at just now. We got this album off iTunes a few weeks ago, but this was the first time I really listened to all the words of this song.

Run Home, Steven Curtis Chapman, bonus track on "This Moment"

So long, you've journeyed hiding your face from the wind
Wondering if your broken heart will ever hope again
I know it seems like all your dreams have been buried somewhere on the way
But I can hear a new beginning calling your name

Run wild, run free
Like a river on its way to the sea
Show your heart, show your face
Let the fire inside you blaze
Run brave, run strong
Throw your hair back and sing out your song
Run wild, run free, run home

The waiting is over, your moment has arrived
The wind is calling out to you, you were born to live this life
So gather up the memories of all the hope you've lost on the way
And lift your eyes, the sun is rising on a new day

Go on and join the dance, take the chance
Let your heart dare to believe again

Let YOUR heart dare to believe and hope again, my friends.

God bless.

No comments: