Saturday, April 26, 2008

Can James McAvoy ever star in a movie with a happy ending?

From what I've seen, the answer is no.

I just got done watching "Atonement." Half way through I wondered if all would end well, because I could see potential for some kind of happy reconciliation. Or I thought maybe it was one of those movies that would have what I call a "Jumanji ending" - everything that went wrong during the story gets reversed and they get to go back to the beginning and do things right this time round.

But it's a drama. And like real life, things don't always turn out the way you want.

But I did enjoy watching the film. Love WWII-era films in general - the clothes, the hairdos. The scenery was beautiful. The cast was great and I can see now why Saoirse Ronan was nominated for an Academy Award.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to say, I was really disappointed by the movie's ending. The production, etc was great... but that darn ending....