Sunday, August 24, 2008

I'll never forget...

I found a website that provides random writing prompts. Here is the one I chose for today.

Why won't you forget? List six true sentences that begin with the words 'I'll never forget...' Then use all six of your sentences in a paragraph, poem, or longer descriptive piece.
  1. I'll never forget the feeling of wanting someone for my childhood friend and them not wanting me.
  2. I'll never forget the moment Jesus began to turn my life around. I was 15 and really didn't know what I was signing up for. But that deal is signed in blood and I'll never go back on it.
  3. I'll never forget the look on Scott's face when he saw me in my wedding gown.
  4. I'll never forget when God told me He was going to bring me out of my shell, slowly but surely, with a gentleness only He has.
  5. I'll never forget the summer we moved from Michigan to Ohio.
  6. I hope I'll never forget the joy Jesus put in my heart. I'm singing a new song that may last forever.

This really isn't a structured work like in the suggestion, but is an outline of a journey I'm on. May God bless you on yours.

2 comments:

Dave Groff said...

Hi Cheryl

I came across your blog today and wanted to say how I appreciate your testimony to Jesus in your "never forgets."

I'm a pastor in Canada and just wanted to encourage you with that.

Dave

Heather said...

Okay so this post answered the question I asked in the next one, but can you pass on the website?

I like you responses.