Saturday, January 10, 2009

Nonsense it all is

Scott told me some story about the actress Anne Hathaway and how she doesn't agree with Rick Warren's beliefs and so she's going to turn her back or something when he prays at Barack Obama's inauguration.

Ugh. Where do I start with what's wrong with this?

First of all, are people who don't agree with Obama's beliefs going to turn their back on him when he's up there? From what I have seen of people since the election results came in, the answer is no. They will support who was chosen to be there.

Secondly, Rick Warren is not accountable to Anne Hathaway, no matter who she thinks she is. He's after the approval of Someone much higher up than her and I'm sure he reeaally doesn't care if one Hollywood Actress doesn't agree with him. And what if he was Obama's choice? Since she loves Obama so much shouldn't she just support his choice?

Thirdly, what if I don't agree with Anne Hathaway? Should I turn my back on her and blog my little heart out and put it all over Facebook and get all my Friends to stop seeing her movies and donating to her causes?

No.

I'm an adult.

I see no value in being childish and petty. This is America, a Free Country. People disagree with each other every day and the world keeps turning.

So the Inauguration will come, Obama will be sworn in, Rick Warren will pray, and Anne can turn her back or move to Canada with Alec Baldwin...oh wait, he's still living in America isn't he?

1 comment:

ruth said...

I didn't know Rick Warren was going to pray at the inauguration! That is somewhat encouraging, isn't it?

Who cares about Anne Hathaway?