Wednesday, August 10, 2005

My enemy


Ragweed. This has been one of my most hated enemies since I was a child. Once when I was young, my parents had the wonderful (?) idea to go to the Henry Ford Estate and walk around in the woods on a late summer Sunday afternoon. The Ragweed was out in full force and my eyes got so swollen because I wouldn't stop rubbing them we ended up in the ER. My most common symptom is sneezing, which I have been doing all morning. I'm sure God had a reason for creating this plant, but I really hate it.

2 comments:

Scott Donnelly said...

I wish I could stop it with some sort of super power. I would use that cold breath like Superman, 'cuz I think frost kills it, right?

Love you.

Cheryl said...

Yes, I continually pray for the first frost every August, even though it takes forever to happen. And since they're predicting an extended Indian Summer this year I'm sure I have several weeks of misery ahead...