Monday, December 5, 2005

My husband loves me

How do I know? Most recently, because he took me to see Pride and Prejudice, which, as someone pointed out at church yesterday, is a "chick flick" as well as a "period piece" which most guys would avoid. But my husband loves me. So we went.

I have loved the story of Pride and Prejudice since I read it in college, and adore the A & E miniseries, which I have on DVD. The A & E version is much closer to the actual text, but it's about 4-5 hours long...not for the faint of heart. This new version was fun to watch, but they did eliminate some characters, probably because of time (just like they cut so many people out of the movie version of Gone with the Wind).

Anyway, I'm really glad I got to see this story on the big screen and Scott deserves a big thank you and the respect of his peers.

Thank you Scott!

No comments: