I was in the Ladies' at my lovely downtown office this morning and noticed again that a fellow employee was brushing her teeth in there at 9 AM. I assume this is a post-breakfast brush and the reason she's doing it here instead of at home is because she ate breakfast after she got to work. I also see her, as well as others, in there after lunch, brushing away, daintily spitting out their toothpaste.
Since I was a kid, I have always brushed my teeth twice a day - after breakfast and before bed. So my question is this: Do people really need to brush their teeth 3-4 times a day like this? Am I neglecting my duty to my teeth and gums? Or are these people obsessive about their teeth being clean for some reason? Perhaps they have had them whitened and therefore want to keep them that way, even though it looks like they have a mouth full of Chicklets.
I don't know the answer to this...help me out, blog-readers. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
We have some kids in the teen group that are like this. They even carry floss in their purse for when they can't get to a sink! Psychos!
I think most people, like you, go with the twice a day deal. But I also think 3 times is better. It could be she is married to a dentist or has a hygentist in her family. You know people like that--like my own husband for example--take REALLY good care of their teeth. They have heard the horror stories first hand....
I'm down with twice-a-day, but I am not above doing it when I feel like I need it. Sometimes my teeth just feel gross and I brush them. I like to keep them bright and fresh for kissing my wife!
Excessive brushing in NO GOOD. It wears the enamel off your teeth and causes gums ot recede. Two times a day is plenty, three if you have raw onions for lunch! I never thought I would hear of the day when teens carried floss in their purse... Scary!
Post a Comment