Friday, February 3, 2006

Where was I?


Where the heck was I, I wonder, on September 22, 1999, when the West Wing premiered? Scott just rented the DVD of the first season and we watched three episodes in a row today. I now understand why people have loved this show for so long and why it has won so many awards. Now I'm a fan, and now it's going away.

Luckily, we live in the age where all the good shows are on DVD so I'll be able to spend the next few months making up for lost time and following the stories of these well-written characters. I'm a sucker for any show that is fast-paced and filled with good dialogue. That's what I love most about this show. As well as the work environment they created with all these people who are good at what they do and work well together.

Plus I love Allison Janney.

3 comments:

Lifetime Dieter said...

Larry and I always wonder when we watch that show if people really talk like that. You know in funny quips. I'm sure everyone at Compuware does.

Anonymous said...

Julie, no one I know talks like that, especiallly not at Compuware. That's why it draws me so....

Anonymous said...

I love that show.
Good choice. :)