Watch
by Seven Places
The dust is settling now, I can see your expression
The look on your face is asking me how, how can you leave me here?
My words are falling to the ground, in one ear out the other
I'll just have to live it out
Watch these chains fall from my hands
Then you will understand, then you will understand.
Watch me walk through these prison bars
Then you will know my heart is free
Emptiness plagues you inside, you're surrounded by sorrow
It follows you where you hide, and exposes you every time
There is life beyond this crippling cage, and shelter from the rage
Only you can decide
Watch these chains fall from my hands
Then you will understand, then you will understand
Watch me walk through these prison bars
Then you will know my heart is free
For the first time I'm alive
No longer pressed by doubt and fear
No longer drowning in my tears
He saved me from going under
I heard this song today and finally looked up the lyrics online. It reminds me of how far I've come since the first time I "Broke Free" with some girls from good old NRC. Unfortunately, I sometimes pick up those chains again and drag them around a while, but thankfully, Jesus keeps setting me free just like He promised.
And I know He will keep doing it as long as I need it.
Which will be forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Beautiful, Cheryl. Thanks
Good stuff...
...by the way, I told you they were good.
Cheryl, I read your comment on Heather's blog about forgiveness. I totally agree! Forgiveness is a choice ! Many things in life also come down to CHOICE. By the way did you see the movie?? Aunt Margie
Aunt Margie - we haven't seen that movie yet, but we probably will...if not in the theatre then on DVD.
Post a Comment