Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Simple Devotion

I have recently discovered that I really love Misty Edwards' music, especially the lyrics. I am including the one below today, May 10, because the end of it reminds me of my mother, Mary Ellen Cnossen. I know she is with Jesus now, and he doesn't have to look over any balconies to see her anymore, but I know he is captivated by her just the same now as he always was. She was such an example to me of simple devotion to her Lord...I will never forget it.

Simple Devotion, by Misty Edwards

Over and over and over and over again
I will stir up my soul to lay hold of you
Over and over and over and over again
I will stir up my soul to lay hold of that which I cannot comprehend

Over and over and over and over again
Over and over and over and over again

And then I’ll just lean in the sovereignty
I’ll embrace a mystery
And I’ll just rest in you
As I bathe in truth

Over and over and over and over again
This is my simple devotion
My walk of faith, day by day
Over and over and over and over again

And then I hear you say as you gaze over the balcony of heaven
I hear you say as you peer through the lattice of time
I hear you say as you stand in heaven
I hear you say as you rejoice over me

Oh, angels, oh angels look and see
Through that dark night of faith she is gazing at me
Oh, angels, oh angels look and see
Through that cloud of unknowing she’s gazing at me

And you have ravished my heart, my sister my bride
With one glance of your eye


I love you Mom...see you when I get there. :-)

Note: I gleaned these lyrics as I listened to the song on my iPod so if some of them are off, I really apologize.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love that song