Simple House
by Margaret Becker
This house is a holy house
Always under construction
People come in
Looking for truth
Or just their own reflection
Depending on what they find
They pat my back or they speak their mind
I wanna live in a simple house
I wanna live
In a simple house
I wanna live in a simple house
I wanna live
I wanna live in a simple house
I wanna live in a simple house
This house looks the best
When it's not cluttered with opinions
When only the words from the Landlord's mouth
Have absolute dominion
From His lips, His lips alone
I want to furnish my humble home
I wanna live in a simple house
I wanna live
I wanna live in a simple house
I wanna live
I wanna live in a simple house
I wanna live in a simple house
I want wisdom in the walls
Understanding will weatherproof
I want love to be the theme
From the basement to the roof
Not enough room for second hand news
Can't build this house on human how to's
I wanna see His touch in every room
I wanna know this house is built in truth
I wanna live in a simple house
Since I first heard this song years and years ago this idea has always appealed to me. I have so much clutter in my house...so much stuff that part of me wants to hold on to "just in case" I need it someday. Hopefully this weekend, as we clean out our garage, I will be able to let go of what's not important and not needed, and start living more simply.
And I can begin to focus on what's really important.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
After you clean the garage we have an awsome church picnic you can come relax at! Email me if you're interested.
Post a Comment