Monday, May 26, 2008

P.S. I Love You

We watched a movie called "P.S. I Love You" today. I knew the premise before watching it, so I knew it wouldn't be a fun film to watch, but I had no idea how heartwrenching this story would be.

First of all, it made me treasure my husband and our marriage in a way that I didn't before. It made me never want to engage in petty arguments that don't matter, like who left what in the sink or whose turn it is to vacuum or who forgot to pay what bill. I don't want to have any regrets of what I did or didn't do. Ever. I want us to be loving and sweet to each other and treasure each moment we have together.

It also made me realize that life is too short to spend money and time on inconsequential things. Shoes and purses don't matter. People do.

I want to go where God leads me and not hesitate.

I want to listen and obey the first time instead of saying, "Are you sure?"

I don't want to live in fear; I want to live each moment with the courage God has given me.

I want to focus on the present, what's happening now, what I can do with the moment I'm in, instead of grieving about what's past or worrying about what may come.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I downloaded the audio book and listened to it on a long drive last weekend. I agree!