Monday, January 1, 2007

Happy New Year

I have spent this weekend trying to recover from the dreadful cold from which I have been suffering for about two weeks now. I have tried every version of Theraflu that is available. I have tried cough medicine. I have been sucking on Halls almost constantly. My tongue is burned from all the hot tea sweetened with honey. I've tried a spoonful of olive oil and vinegar. I have slathered on the Vicks, but to this point have been unwilling to try a spoonful by mouth. I have prayed and prayed and prayed.

And yet my head and body ache from the coughing. My nose continues to be either completely stuffed up or constantly runny, and is sore from all the blowing and wiping. My poor husband worries for my health and doesn't sleep well since I wake up coughing every couple hours.

But let me say this.

Though I remain sick, yet will I trust in God.

I am filled with hope and praise for the One who is making me into the woman He dreamed up long ago. I rejoice in the opportunity of living another day, looking for ways to grow and advance His kingdom. I trust that He has a plan for me, for us, even though some of our present circumstances seem impossible to surmount successfully and happily.

As we enter 2007, I pray that this will be a year where God shows us all His favor. That He will bless us in unexpected ways and that as a result we will be even more willing to trust His plan for us, take His hand and let Him lead us on.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Happy New Year to you too.

I hope and pray you feel well soon. I think we had a version of what you are struggling with here too. Take care of yourself.

NancyJane said...

Just catching up! I had the plague too!!! I was sick from the Friday before Christmas until the day after New Years. (and I still have this leftover cough!! UGH. But overall I feel much better - hope you do too!)