The coughing finally got to me and I was able to find a doctor here in M-Ville that would take me today. He gave me anti-biotics ("Z-Pack") and cough medicine that will supposedly stop my brain from telling my body to cough somehow. What will they think of next?!
The Dr. was very nice and I weigh five pounds less than I thought which is nice. BP was fine, no temp. But I hate it when they don't really tell you what's wrong with you and they just give you medicine. He called it an "upper respiratory thing," which I don't think is an actual diagnosis. But if the meds stop me from waking up every two hours tonight I will love it.
- - -
Steve Yzerman's jersey, #19, of the Detroit Red Wings is being retired tonight and I just got done watching the ceremony and all the speeches. It's amazing how in a world, let's face it, in an industry, where many of the best players are all about "me first" and "I'm amazing, look at me," this Yzerman fella stood up there and listed off all the coaches, players and fans as having contributed to his success. He said that raising that banner with his number on it represented all of that, not the individual accomplishments that he made along the way. I knew he was a good guy, but he really proved tonight, again, what a classy guy he is.
- - -
As I was driving home this evening, the almost full moon somehow created a little rainbow spot in the sky. It was the coolest thing I have seen in a while. I love seeing stuff like that. Little things that God makes possible that most people might not notice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Happy New Year! Glad you are feeling better. I had that cold too....lots of people around me have. It is pretty crappy.
Praying God's best for you and Scott this new year!
Love Kristi
I hope that Z-Pack kicks the crap out of your cold. I am sorry you have been so miserable!
I agree with your feelings on Dr's dx. I think sometimes they think we are too stupid to understand diagnosis, and the rest of the time it's not an actual diagnosis, but a guess. Scary.
Hope to see ya soon!
Happy New Year!
so sorry your ill. I just caught up on your last few blogs, so nice to read them and remember the sunny side of life!
Amy R.
Post a Comment