Saturday, January 13, 2007

So much to say...not

I feel the need to blog since it's been more than a week but I don't have anything to blog about.

My cough is almost, almost all gone, thank God. I think by the end of this coming week I'll be completely back to normal. Whatever normal is. I can barely remember, but I surely will be thankful for good health in the future instead of taking it for granted.

Work has been busy, busy, busy. Well, let me rephrase. A very large project which is why I was hired is underway, finally, and this week I spent a lot of time playing Free Cell on my computer while it was going well, and then was overwhelmed with work and stress when things started going wrong.


Everything's under control for the moment, but I have work next Saturday, which will not be nice. I so treasure sleeping in on Saturdays.

Especially when I'm out until 3 AM like last night. OK, OK, I did fall asleep on the couch at our friends' house for at least an hour (I'm hoping I didn't snore) while they were looking for Karaoke programs to download and sing along with. But how can one get some quality winks in with the other nine people in the room singing Madonna's "Like a Virgin," Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody," Van Halen's "Jump," and Metallica's "Master of Puppets."

Anyway, things are good here, for the most part, in Ohio, even though the Buckeyes lost last week. We have a good church, friends we love spending time with, jobs we enjoy (for the most part). And Scott and I have each other, which we really treasure. Sometimes I have lamented not having children up to this point in our marriage, but the good thing that has come out of it is that our relationship is so strong and we're so close. I think it's partly because we haven't had the challenge that bringing children into the mix adds. Who knows what would have happened if we had 2 or 3 kids by now? All I know is what did happen and I'm happy with it.

1 comment:

Faithful Joy said...

Free midi karioke PLUS 9 crazy people with an obsession for the 80's mixed together at 2AM is not the greatest combination for sleep. But man it was fun! I didn't hear any snoring, except from Dave, so I think you're safe. I was glad that the two of you came over, and I am glad you're almost completely better!!