Friday, May 18, 2007

Aaaahhhh...

I got my car back today. This picture is what my car looks like, but is not my actual car.
My car is lived in. Full of dog hair and lost fries and buttons under the seat. A plastic gas can and jumper cables in the trunk, sitting on top of a spare that's been used more than once in its life thus far.

I know where all the dents and scratches are and I remember how they got there. I am familiar with how the seat should be, the position that my hands fit in most naturally on the steering wheel.

It's no longer perfect, but my car is my sanctuary. It's where I spend at least 90 minutes a day Mon-Fri. Driving fast or slow. Singing with a cd or listening to traffic on AM radio.

My poor Taurus was recently mistreated at an oil change appointment, but has now been fixed and returned to me.

Hence the Aaaahhhh....

No comments: