I finished reading the Old Testament today. It's bittersweet, in a way, but I am really looking forward to reading the NT over the next month.
Here is something I found in my reading today.
"When you present the blind for sacrifice, is it not evil? And when you present the lame and sick, is it not evil?"
Malachi 1:8
This is the word of the Lord through Malachi, telling the priests that they are doing the wrong thing when they sacrifice animals that are less than perfect. The thing that struck me when I read this verse was that these are the very maladies that Jesus healed people from all through the gospels. I think it illustrates such a beautiful turning point in our relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
Because Jesus is perfect, those of us who are blind, lame and sick can present ourselves to God and be accepted.
Amazing Love
I'm forgiven because You were forsaken
I'm accepted, You were condemned
I'm alive and well, Your Spirit is within me
Because You died and rose again
Amazing love, how can it be?
That You, my King, would die for me
Amazing love, I know it's true
And it's my joy to honor You
In all I do, I honor You
You are my King
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment