So we got about a foot of snow in the past 24 hours. This afternoon we decided to try out the new-to-us snowblower for the first time and I sprained my ankle. The right one this time. My last sprained ankle was the left one, in October 1994 just after we moved into our Allen Park house. I stepped on some uneven pavement and boom. No emergency room. No doctor. I'm a trooper. Just some elevation and ice, wrap it and walk as normal. I look back and cringe, wishing I would have gotten some medical attention. Oh well.
This sprain was definitely milder than that. It's been about three hours since it happened and it's not swollen or bruised or anything, so I think it will be OK in a couple days. Scott saw me fall and said it looked really awkward. It felt really awkward. I'm not sure if I stepped on something wrong or slipped on the snow. All I know is my knee sort of buckled and my ankle bent really weird and I was on my butt at the end of the driveway. Man, it's cold sitting in the snow with nothing but a thin pair of jeans between me and the snow-covered concrete.
So we're snowed in, with a level three snow emergency, and boy am I glad Scott had me go to Kroger on Friday before all this white stuff came down. We had chili today and cinnimon rolls for breakfast and we have lots of other supplies to hold us over until we're all dug out.
The snow finally stopped a while ago, and the sun's out now and it's really pretty. Hopefully tomorrow I can post a picture of how much snow we got.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey Daughter:
Sooooooooooooo sorry to read about your accident with that snow-blower! I hope (and pray) that its only a sprain and that you didn't break (or tear) something. I agree with the "home-remedy" you are following (i.e., no pressure, elevated, ice pack). And if it turns black and blue, you may want to get some medical attention. Tried to call you, but you're probably too far from your cell phone. Enjoy some TLC from Scott for the next couple days.
God Bless! Love Ya! DAD
Hope that ankle feels better soon!
Post a Comment