Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Yesterday's Winter Weather

As I was driving home last evening, it got icier as I continued Northwest on 33. It was amazing to see the coating of ice on EVERYTHING. Trees. Fences. Wires. Thankfully, the roads weren't that bad to drive on even with all that ice around.

Here is a picture of one of the trees in our yard this morning at sunrise.
Here is another shot of the same tree.
This is a close up of the ground. If you look closely, you can see ice-encased blades of grass poking up out of the snow.

2 comments:

Casey said...

The ice is crazy! It brought down a power line at my Grandpa's house. It pulled the electrical box off of his house and the line was laying over his drive way. There are branches down everywhere out here. But, it is so pretty.

Unknown said...

Ooh, I just love it when the ice coats the trees like that! It's so beautiful.