Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Word of God Speak

My regular readers will remember that I am reading through the Bible again this year, but on a different schedule. In the past, I read through chronogically, but this time I am reading four different sections at the same time.

The interesting thing now is that in Exodus, the Israelites have just fled Egypt and are in the desert. In 2nd Chronicles, we're pretty far down the line of David with the kings who take turns tearing down the high places and building them up again. I'm also reading Isaiah, all about the coming Messiah. The Lord is pleading with Israel to return to Him and telling them what will happen when they don't. And the final spot I'm reading is in Mark, where the Messiah has come and is fulfilling prophecies left and right, but no one can see the forest for the trees.

I'm interested to see as this year progresses how this book will come alive in new ways to me.

No comments: