Saturday, June 7, 2008

Job

I just finished Job again and let me tell you, I was ready to be done with it.

I'm on my third time through the Bible now, and this year I am just reading one day's assignment per day instead of two like I did last year. So it took me the whole month of May to get through Job.

I guess my problem with it is that it's so depressing to me. He's got all these things wrong with him and no support.

I'll tell you one thing, I would not have wanted to be Job's wife. They had all these kids at the beginning and they were grown up enough to have their own house and stuff, so she probably thought she was done with child-rearing. Then she has to start all over and have the second batch of blessings when all the bad stuff's over.

Unless Job got a new wife along with everything else...not sure about that one....

1 comment:

Someone said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.