Definitions from Dictionary.com:
1. springing back; rebounding.
2. returning to the original form or position after being bent, compressed, or stretched.
3. recovering readily from illness, depression, adversity, or the like; buoyant.
The only thing that gives me the ability to be resilient is Jesus. He put His joy in my heart. He puts the spring in my step.
Practicing resilience is not always fun - it's not enjoyable to be bent, compressed or stretched; it's not enjoyable to be ill, depressed, or face adversity. But something I cross-stitched in jr. high has always stuck with me: "Bloom where you are planted."
This is the road He put me on so I'll keep walking. I may fall, but He is there to help me up and keep walking. I am never alone.
Psalm 27:1
NIV
The LORD is my light and my salvation -- whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life -- of whom shall I be afraid?
MSG
Light, space, zest— that's God! So, with him on my side I'm fearless, afraid of no one and nothing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment