Sunday, October 29, 2006

Jesus is the real Real Thing

Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him. Fear the LORD, you his saints, for those who fear him lack nothing. The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing.

Psalm 34: 8-10


OK, everyone knows how much I LOVE me some Coca-Cola Classic. I had a hankering for it this morning so I made sure I had some change for the snack closet located in the front right corner of our church sanctuary. I got my Coke and sat down, fully prepared to enjoy.

But when I took my first sip, it was disappointing. Maybe I didn't wait long enough after brushing my teeth. Maybe it was just a bad can. Who knows why it tasted the way it did.

As I was contemplating this, I was reminded of the verse I wrote above, and I was thankful that the "taste" of the Lord is always good. It's just what you need just when you need it. It never disappoints; it always satisfies.

So although my Coke was unsatisfying this morning, I left church with a pleasant taste in my mouth anyway.

No comments: