Monday, October 2, 2006

Yom Kippur

Today, Yom Kippur ruined my chances of having a Coke during a late meeting. I am now concerned that I may start feeling sleepy during this conference call since there will be minimal interaction on my part and no one watching me.

The reason that this happened is that the corporate offices of the company I work for are attached to one of our stores. Inside the city limits of Columbus, this store chain is known as Schottenstein's. Outside the city, it's Value City Department Stores.

But because it's Schottensteins's that I'm attached to, they observe Yom Kippur and were therefore closed today. And because they're closed, all the doors potentially leading to access to the store are locked down and an alarm will sound if one opens them.

At least that's what the sign says. And unlike many Americans, I read and obey signs.

The breakroom where the pop machine is located is through one of these doors. Hence my inability to grab a pop for this meeting.

The kicker for me was I decided I wanted this pop at 4:05 and the lockdown occurred at 4:00, although an earlier email said it was all day.

Whatever. Either way, no Coke for little Cheryl.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Ahh caffeine where would we be without it??