Shortly after we moved here, the Kentucky Fried Chicken on 5th was torn down and they began to construct a combo KFC/Long John Silvers restaurant.
Now it's open and the other night around 6 PM I drove by, thinking I would pick up dinner on my way home.
The line for the drive thru spilled out the driveway, onto 5th, and there was about a 1/2 mile backup because it's a two lane road with a left turn lane, so no one was going anywhere. The drive thru was causing a major traffic jam.
Since that evening, each time I drive by, the line is still spilling out onto 5th, though I haven't seen quite the traffic jam develop.
My question is this: Is KFC and LJS's food SO good, did the people in this town miss it SO much that it's this much of an attraction?
I just don't get it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Maybe its just the newness???
That is exactly it... when you only have Applebee's and Bob Evan's, KFC and Long John's is a change of pace.
When White Castle came to my hometown people lost their mind and the lines went on or miles. And my hometown has tons of good restaurants. People are just wacky.
So, is it still considered "fast food"?
Post a Comment