Saturday, March 10, 2007

Smells Like Spring


Christmas begins when I see certain things. Sometimes it's a little snow, even if it doesn't stick. Sometimes it's when the pumpkins and turkeys in seasonal aisle in the grocery store have been replaced with Santas and Nativity scenes. Or when I'm driving down the street downtown and there are bells or garland or candy canes on the street lamps.

But spring...

Spring starts with a smell. The other night I was out in the yard with Bailey and I just smelled it. The earth, unfreezing, coming back to life.

It is also announced by birds singing early in the morning, which I heard Friday morning, again, when I was out with our pup. There were just a few, but I smiled, knowing these early arrivals will be joined by many of their friends soon.

Next will be daffodils and tulips, leaves and flowers on the trees...I can't wait for life to burst forth and show us God's glory once again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great entry....loved the words you used. I am so excited for Spring.

Hope you and Scott are well! Praying for you guys.... :)

Love Kristi