Relationship: the relation connecting or binding participants in a relationship: as a: kinship
Relation: a person connected by consanguinity or affinity
Consanguineous: of the same blood or origin; specifically : descended from the same ancestor
Affinity: sympathy marked by community of interest
Words, words, words...how I love them. I love looking up a word in an online dictionary and uncovering all the nuances of what the word means by looking up the words in the definition, the synonyms, especially the antonyms. How often a light bulb goes on in my head or my heart by understanding what something is by understanding what it isn't.
The other day I did this with the word Courageous. Very enlightening and encouraging...just what I needed at the time...it's up on my wall at work to remind me. The most memorable phrase coming to mind right now is "free from fear."
Today I looked into the word Relationship, as seen above. Being an introvert by birth, relationships have always been a challenge for me and probably always will be. But I know that God created humans to be in relationships. "No man is an island," so to speak. So no matter how I feel, how much of a porcupine I want to be, it's not what God wants for me.
There are times on my journey when I will have many relationships, and there are times when I will have few. That seems like a normal ebb and flow to me. But I need to watch my tendency to retreat inside, my tendency to hide. I have something to offer, something only I can offer, and I have no right to keep it to myself.

No comments:
Post a Comment