I neglected to post anything for Scott's birthday this year and for that I apologize. It's par for the course, though, this birthday for him was pretty uneventful.
I had thought about doing a big party but he decided to have his next big party in five years (the big four-oh).
We kind of made a weekend of it, even though his birthday fell on a Monday. We went to dinner at Macaroni Grille Friday night and paid way too much for steak and pasta. But it was tasty, as always, and I had leftovers that I could stretch into another meal the next day. Saturday and Sunday we just relaxed. Scott watched a little NASCAR (I know, I know. How can I stop it before he's really hooked?), and hung out with a friend. I got him some of his favorite treats in lieu of a cake.
And that was pretty much it. He got many cards and messages Monday to wish him a Happy Birthday. No matter how old we get and how much we say we don't want to celebrate a birthday, it's always nice when people remember it.
In closing let me just say this. I love Scott and I always will. I love him more today than I did ten years ago, more than when we married, more than when we started dating on that night long ago (9/24/1988...my how time flies...) It is an honor and a privilege to be his wife and I treasure it. I love the things he does for me, I love the way he loves me, I love the way he has rubbed off on me over the years and the way he's allowed me to rub off on him.
But more than anything...
I love him for who he is, who God made him to be. At the end of the day it's not about what he does or accomplishes, who he makes laugh, or whether he changes a light bulb that I can't reach or opens that jar of salsa for me.
It's just him.
David Scott Donnelly.
My beloved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Thanks Honey! I love you... always have, always will!
Post a Comment