
One day, several years ago, there was a reality show called Mr. Personality. It was kind of like The Bachelorette, but instead of a regular host, they had Monica Lewinsky playing hostess, of all people.
The twist of the show was that the girl had to pick which guys to keep and let go based on personality alone since they each had different color masks on. The guys' masks were kind of Phantom of the Opera-ish, so it was a little weird. But I watched every week, all the way through to the end.
I loved the finale. Not only because of the remaining guys I thought the contestant picked the best one, but because of how it ended. After she picked him, he got to remove his mask and she was about to see him for the first time.
Right before he revealed himself, she covered her face, afraid to look at him. She had grown so used to him behind the mask she seemed nervous to see what was behind it. He gently pulled her hands away and encouraged her to take it slowly.
She looked down at his feet. Nothing different there. Then up, up, up...finally his face was before her. She smiled in relief, because he really wasn't a bad looking guy. I'm sure it helped when he told her he was loaded. :-)
I bring this up today not to reminice about an odd reality show that hardly anyone watched, but because I was reminded of this moment when I was listening to the song below today on the drive home.
I wonder if, like the girl on Mr. Personality, when I get to see Jesus face to face, I will be afraid to look, fearful of the change this will bring to our relationship. Or if I will joyfully look into his kind eyes, finally seeing for the first time the face of my friend and Savior.
Someday Go, by Seven Places (Hear Us Say Jesus)
I feel the wind blow, does anyone know?
Who it is breathing, sending us hope
I see the sun, I found warmth in its light
Just like Your eyes, I found grace in Your sight
Someday I'll go, I will see Your face
I will let go of these eyes of faith
Here in the valley, a little confused
I look to the mountains, my help comes from You
I see the sun, I found warmth in its light
Just like Your eyes, I found grace in Your sight
Someday I'll go, I will see Your face
I will let go of these eyes of faith
The clouds roll into my life
And they remind of how You'll meet me in the sky
I feel the wind blow, does anyone know?
Under those clouds, oh where did we go?
I see the sun, I found warmth in its light
Just like Your eyes, I found grace in Your sight
Someday I'll go, I will see Your face
I will let go of these eyes of faith

No comments:
Post a Comment