Monday, October 8, 2007

Anybody need a scarf?


It's fall which means changing leaves, cooler temps, the end of hay fever, and...knitting!

I have already finished one project that's been sitting on a shelf since February. And I knitted Scott a scarf, the first thing I have made for him. It turned out too short but I like it in general and will probably make him a longer one soon.

In the meantime, I have started making a throw. I have just joined ball two to ball one so I've got about six inches done. I would have done something like this sooner, but I had a misunderstanding with the purl stitch that was just recently remedied, so I was limited to just the knit stitch prior to this.

I have not done anything crazy or cool, like a sweater or a felted tote or toe socks, but maybe someday these will be in my repertoire.

For now, I am happy to knit three, purl three, with hockey and football in the background.

5 comments:

Heather said...

How cool. I am not a knitter. But admire those who are. Like the new look of the blog!

Anonymous said...

Cheryl

I hope you stick with it better than I do. I am about 3/4 done on a baby afghan I started for Konner last November. I figure if I'm lucky, I may be able to give it to one of my grandchildren someday:)

Casey said...

Hey, that's really cool. I would love to learn how to do that. Would you teach me. My parents bought me a new winter coal that I need a scarf to go with. I would love to try and make one.

Casey said...

Um, I just wanted to say that I meant "Would you teach me?" and I got a new coat not a "coal". It's 1:30 a.m. I'm gettin a little sleepy.

Casey said...

THANK YOU for teaching me to knit. I finally got the hang of it after I practiced for hours. I started my first scarf and it is coming along nicely. It has a few messed up spots, but I think it adds character.