Saturday, October 20, 2007

Seasonal Favorites

In the fall, I love to watch "Riverdance." We got it on VHS when we went to see the show live several years ago. I loved it live, but I also love watching the video because you can see different views of all the dancers. I love the music, I love the costumes, I love the dancing. Every once in a while I do a search on the Internet for clogging classes for beginning adults. It looks so fun and seems like it would be good exercise. At least for the legs. The arms just hang there.

One of my favorite winter movies is "The Cutting Edge." I think it's because it's about skating, and there are several beautiful winter shots in New England and France. Or wherever they actually filmed the movie. I have always loved figure skating, and because of Scott I have learned to love hockey, so why wouldn't I love a movie about a figure skater and hockey player who fall in love and win a gold medal?

Ah, Spring. This one you probably will not have heard of. "Don't Tell Her It's Me" is my favorite spring movie of all time. Steve Guttenberg, Jamie Gertz and Shelley Long star in the movie about a guy who pretends to be someone else to get the girl he wants. It's the combination of the secret identity and the romance novel setting that won my heart to this movie the first time I saw it in the spring of 1992. You can't find this movie anywhere anymore, but I have my own copy on VHS that Scott taped off television long ago. (The alternate title to this movie is the same as the book it's based on, "The Boyfriend School.")

In the summer, I love "How to Make an American Quilt." I think it's because it's set in the summer, and Winona Ryder goes off with her grandmother for the summer to finish her thesis, and they're all working on this quilt, "Where Love Resides." You get to see all the older ladies' love stories and I just love how all the stories work together to shape the movie. I think this is based on a book also, which I may try to find and read soon.

Anytime movies I will watch over and over:
- "Ocean's 11"
- "You've Got Mail"
- "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"
- "Emma"

2 comments:

Faithful Joy said...

I have a friend who teaches Irish dance for all ages...if you're serious I'd hook you up!

Anonymous said...

Movies that make me stop flippin' the remote...The Natural, Hoosiers and Legally blond. I know. Weird.