I am sitting at my desk at work eating my Jr Cheeseburger with Ketchup only from Wendy's, and at this moment, it tastes like the best thing I have ever eaten. I think I was just hungry. As I sit here I am contemplating something and I am a little concerned.
Lately, my patience is being s t r e t c h e d, and when this happens, it is usually in preparation for something. This is why I am concerned.
I have been working on a project with someone here at work for over two months and they keep sending it back to me with additional changes, and if you know me at all, this sucks for me. I tend to be perfectionistic, especially about work, and for me to get something not quite right ten times in a row has to be a record. Other co-workers are amazed by my patience through this process, but I have just been myself, so it's not like I am super-human or anything.
I took Bailey out for his final outside time this morning, only for him to sniff sniff sniff, fake pee, and then come jogging in. He has learned that if he makes a peeing motion, it's just as good to us, so sometimes he does this if he doesn't actually have to go just so we'll stop telling him to "go potty." Weird dog.
Then, as I was backing out of the garage, I heard on the radio that there was a gigundus car accident right in my normal commute path, so I took another route to avoid it. I knew it would be a little slower because it is not main highways, but I had no idea what was in store for me. Waiting for lights, waiting for busses, being behind a garbage truck, sitting still for minutes at a time in a 45 mph zone, merging onto another road and then idling at 5 mph for five miles til my exit.
At lunchtime, I had to run down to the store to get a gift bag and tissue paper. When I got to the line at one side of the store, there were about six people in line with their carts FULL. At this point the store has only been open for an hour so I was not expecting to have to wait. I went to the other end of the store and the lines were no better. When I got back to the first set of registers, they had opened up another one, but now there were about four people in each line. Invariably there are disputes between customer and cashier about discounts and sales, etc., so these lines were very slow moving.
Finally I got out of the store, got in my car and went to the driveway to turn left onto the street to go get my lunch. (Payday = eat out day today.) There was a car, a bus, and two more cars ahead of me to turn left. We sat for a good five minutes and no one ever turned left. Finally the bus driver gets out of the bus and tells us to go around them to get out. I went to another driveway and got out instead.
Wendy's, I am happy to say, was quickie-quick with my lunch order, although they gave me regular Coke instead of Diet. I thought about throwing it out, but decided to just drink half instead of all of it and therefore only charge myself with half the calories.
So here I am, eating my lunch, wondering what I will need all this patience for. It's times like these I am so happy that I can't see into the future, because I would rather remain ignorant of it for now and just take my moments as they come.
Have a great weekend!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment