Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Notes from Isaiah

I am reading Isaiah right now and finding lots of good stuff to dig into. Here's one.

Isaiah 29:13-14
13 The Lord says:
"These people come near to me with their mouth
and honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
Their worship of me
is made up only of rules taught by men.

14 Therefore once more I will astound these people
with wonder upon wonder;
the wisdom of the wise will perish,
the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."


What can I say to this? This was for the Israelites, but it's still so true of us today. God has astounded me with "wonder upon wonder" and still sometimes I forget and I doubt and I lose faith.

But no matter how many pits I fall into or jump into or get tricked into, God is there to pull me out if I just look to Him and reach up my hands to His.

Psalm 23

A psalm of David.

1 The Lord is my shepherd;
I have all that I need.

2 He lets me rest in green meadows;
he leads me beside peaceful streams.

3 He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths,
bringing honor to his name.

4 Even when I walk
through the darkest valley,
I will not be afraid,
for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff
protect and comfort me.

5 You prepare a feast for me
in the presence of my enemies.
You honor me by anointing my head with oil.
My cup overflows with blessings.

6 Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me
all the days of my life,
and I will live in the house of the Lord
forever.


Forever God is faithful
Forever God is strong
Forever God is with me
Forever

No comments: