Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Perspective

We just finished watching The Biggest Loser.

It's amazing to me how much these contestants have gone through. So much tragedy. So much to overcome. So much effort to take just one more step on their journey.

And I'm upset because I ran out of Tootsie Rolls and I can't have my afternoon snack.

Ridiculous.

I like this show because it shows that people can overcome their obstacles that seemed so insurmountable. There are people out there dealing with a level of reality that I cannot even fathom. I need to change my perspective and focus on what really matters in life.

And it has nothing to do with Tootsie Rolls.

1 comment:

John C. Massie said...

Cheryl,

Thanks for this quick note. It made me put some thought into my feelings about tonight's episode and made me think about perspective.

I posted my thoughts on my blog as well. (As well as giving you credit for the thoughts)

Have a good night!
John