Thursday, October 29, 2009

Notes from Proverbs 29

Verse 1:

Whoever remains stiff-necked after many rebukes
will suddenly be destroyed—without remedy.


Pretty sure I don't want to ever be in this category. I hope to remain "teachable" for many years to come and not let it ever get to this point.

And then there's this in Verse 26:

Many seek an audience with a ruler,
but it is from the LORD that one gets justice.


I don't know quite why this one struck me. Maybe it's because sometimes we get so hung up on human authority and how they can provide resolution or restitution or whatever it is we're seeking. But we should just keep taking everything to God and He is the one who will provide true justice in the right way.

I think I'm going to keep reading Proverbs as long as it takes for all this to sink in.

Like the rest of my life....

No comments: