Thursday, September 1, 2005

It's not just us

I read an article on MSN the other day that I found very interesting. An excerpt is below.

Conventional wisdom holds that men who take a back seat to their wives must be miserable: bored and frustrated at a lesser job or daydreaming of the grand career they've forsaken. Well, guess what? Nowadays, as gender-based preconceptions about male and female roles fade, many so-called trailing husbands are far from depressed; in fact, they're having a great time, enjoying their wives' triumphs and the adventure of their transfers or promotions. The happiest men in this situation...had made a conscious decision to scale back or leave a career, were comfortable with what they had already achieved, and were in a relationship they considered a true partnership. When these factors were in place, they and their wives could redesign their relationships to suit themselves.


Sometimes people Scott and I know or meet for the first time are surprised when they learn that I'm the one with the high paying job in our relationship. I hope, though, that if they really think about it, they will see that Scott and I do have a "true partnership" as described in this article. I know that we are doing what God wants us to do during this phase in our lives, and that He has great plans for us.

No comments: