So I just spent an annoying 7-10 minutes in the lobby store of my building behind some guys who bought $29 worth of lottery tickets. Can someone explain this to me? Do they actually think they will win something? And if they win $2 or $5 or whatever the smaller prizes are, will they actually come out ahead or even come close to winning the amount they've spent on tickets over the years?
Is it entertainment? Is it hope? Is it habit? I just don't get it. And, as patient as I am, I have a hard time watching working-class people waste their time and money on these empty promises, while a line of eight people forms behind me because it just takes so darn long.
End of rant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Uncle Gary says the lottery is just another way to tax the poor...and I agree. Of course, the poor don't see it that way...they just keep hoping for a BIG win! It's an addiction, no doubt about it.
Post a Comment