I am, at this very moment, watching "Persuasion," which is based on the Jane Austen novel of the same name.I love this story - when I first rented the DVD a few years ago, I watched it about three or four times before I brought it back. It was only after I watched the movie that I read the actual novel. I was happily surprised that the movie was very true to the novel and I enjoy them both.
I just love Austen's characters - silly mothers and sisters, men who are always hiding in their studies or off shooting something. And one main female character of good sense and beauty that falls in love with the hero who ends up worthy of her by the end of the story.
If I ever do write a novel, I wish it could be like one of Jane's.

1 comment:
I'm sure when you write a novel it will be amazing!
Glad you could watch that last night while I struggled through that stupid NBA Draft. I should have watched it with you... it always sounds like I could do it, but I can't.
Post a Comment